Universal TAU-II Family of Crash Cushions
A Complete Family of Redirective, Non-Gating Crash cushions to shield almost any hazard
The Redirective, Non-Gating, Universal TAU-II Crash Cushion Family consists of a full line of Impact Attenuators designed to meet the requirements of NCHRP Report 350, TL-2 & TL-3. This family of crash cushions are available in lengths and capacities for both low and high speed applications from 50-113 km/h (30-70 mph). The TAU-II Family of Crash Cushions can shield hazards with widths up to 2.6 m (102”).
TAU-II Non-Gating Redirective Systems are ideally suited for roadway hazards such as the ends of rigid concrete barriers, steel barrier, bridge piers, signs, etc.
Ease of installation, low profile foundation, numerous transition options, and low priced replacement components after an impact make the TAU-II Family of Crash Cushions ideal to shield most roadside hazards.
TAU-II in Utah
- Minimum number of anchors needed to secure system
- Can be installed over expansion joints
- Low profile foundation ideal for deployment on bridge decks
- Numerous transition options
- Low priced replacement components
- Reusable nose standard
- Uses standard, non-proprietary transitions
- Classification – Redirective, Non-Gating, Partially Reusable (R-NG-PR) Impact Attenuator
- TL-3 Length – 7.3 m / 23’ 10”
- Width – 0.7 – 3 m / 27 – 102”
- Height – 800 mm / 31 1/2”
- TL-3 Weight – 1225 kg / 2700 lb.
- Test Level – NCHRP 350 TL 1 / 2 / 3
Where To Use
To shield concrete barrier or guardrail ends in medians, side of road or gore areas in asphalt or on concrete roads. Can be installed as a permanent or temporary attenuator.